Click here to be notified by UFCW Local 663 when the State of Minnesota’s online application for $750 frontline checks goes live!
To be eligible for Frontline Worker Pay, the applicant:
- must have been employed at least 120 hours in Minnesota in one or more frontline sectors between March 15, 2020, and June 30, 2021.
- for the hours worked during this time period the applicant –
- was not able to telework due to the nature of the individual’s work and
- worked in close proximity to people outside of the individual’s household;
- must meet the income requirements for at least one year between Dec. 31, 2019, and Jan. 1, 2022 –
- workers with direct COVID-19 patient care responsibilities must have had an adjusted gross income of less than $350,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly, or less than $175,000 for other filers and
- for workers in occupations without direct COVID-19 patient care responsibilities, the adjusted gross income limit is $185,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly, or $85,000 for other filers; and
- must not have received an unemployment insurance benefit payment for more than 20 weeks on a cumulative basis for weeks between March 15, 2020, and June 26, 2021 (Minnesota Statutes, section 268.085, subdivision 1, clause 6).
$750 frontline worker check payments
After processing and verification of the applications, as well as a 15-day period for denied applicants to contest those decisions, the final list of eligible applicants will be determined. Each eligible applicant will be provided with an equal payment, not to exceed $1,500. All applications will move through the process at the same time and payments will be forwarded for processing together.
The frontline sectors include:
- long-term care and home care;
- health care;
- emergency responders;
- public health, social service, and regulatory service;
- courts and corrections;
- child care;
- schools, including charter schools, state schools and higher education;
- food service, including production, processing, preparation, sale and delivery;
- retail, including sales, fulfillment, distribution and delivery;
- temporary shelters and hotels;
- building services, including maintenance, janitorial and security;
- public transit;
- ground and air transportation services;
- manufacturing; and
- vocational rehabilitation.
UFCW Local 663 is the union that represents frontline workers in: retail, retail grocery, meatpacking and food processing, health care, emergency responders, and manufacturing in MN. Over 17,000 frontline workers strong stood up for all frontline workers to receive the $750 frontline worker checks as a thank you for our work during the beginning part of the COVID-19 pandemic.
*information reposted from State of MN website for frontline worker pay and will be updated on an urgent basis*